COVERS FOR BOOKS

...................................................................................................................

9 May 2013

THE HANDMAIDS TALE


                                       

I like science fiction but I don't tend to like science fiction writers. I wish 
Atwood was still about writing bonkers dis-topian nightmares like this though. The scariest thing about the entire book are the silences and a sense of unbearable tension that makes you want to burst. The cover above shows a scene in which the protagonist nun/slave has taken a walk to a wall where the regime hang dead political enemies on hooks. Just like the silences, it is the absence of these bodies that makes the cover sinister.

My cover is a little less sinister. a lot less actually. Bah. 








 I did not know their was a film. I'm told it is terrible. Terribly good? Look at those nuns! 

No comments:

Post a Comment